State Deadlines for New UST Regulations
The deadline for all UST systems to be in compliance with the new federal regulations is October 13th, 2021. For many states, the deadline has already occurred. The federal regulations address the following new requirements:
- Walkthrough inspections
- Electronic and mechanical leak detection testing
- Overfill prevention equipment inspections
- Spill basin testing
- Testing of containment sumps used for interstitial monitoring
Each state determines who may perform the various tests and inspections and if specific forms are required. For more information, please check with the appropriate state regulatory agency.PMMIC Insured States:
- Arizona, All new requirements effective January 2020.
- Georgia, All new requirements effective December 2020.
- Iowa, All new requirements effective October 2021.
- Kansas, All new requirements effective October 2021.
- New Mexico, Inspections July 2018, all other requirements effective July 2021.
- Oregon, All new requirements effective October 2020.
- Texas, All new requirements effective January 2021.
- Utah, Inspections January 2012, all other requirements effective October 2018.
- Wisconsin, All new requirements effective November 2019.
For all other states, please go to the US EPA State Underground Storage Tank (UST) Programs page.